Tuesday, May 27, 2008
2. Thinly slice zucchini, onion, and red peppers and add on a dish together.
3. For preparing the batter, you need flour, buchim mix (makes the dough more chewy), and water. If you this as a vegetarian dish instead of vegan, you can add an egg but it’s really not necessary. This tastes so good as is. Also remember to sift the flour as it makes the better texture of the dough overall. The proportion of water to the mix would be around 5:2 ratio, meaning it’s thick.
Add a spoonful of garlic to the mix.
Add the vegetables to the batter. Below is how thick the mixture should be. Notice there is barely no runny liquid.
4. Now is the time to cook and first you need to oil your pan.
5. Add the mixture onto the pan.
6. Once one side is cooked for 3-4 minutes, use a large spatula and flip it to the other side and press down to evenly flatten the pancake.
7. Flip again one more time back to the original side, which is the better looking side and just slide it onto your plate so this side will display on top of your plate.
Man, I'm watering in my mouth again thinking about this food. Enjoy!
Bibim men has been my favorite Korean instant noodle since I was in 1st grade of elementary school. This was the smartest idea, I thought to make spicy cold noodle into instant yet I still think it is a good idea. There are many kinds of this instant spicy cold noodles and this is the most generic one. I will add more later.
1. Inside the package, there is the dried noodle and a packet of hot sauce. That's it!
2. After you boil water, add the noodle and boil it until cooked for 2-3 minutes. Don't make it too soft. Keep tasting the noodle and stop cooking when it's still chewy but not hard.
3. Then drain out the water and rinse in cold water. Make sure you stir around and EVERY part is extremely cold before mixing with the sauce.
4. On a mixing bowl, add the sauce and thoroughly mix it around.
5. As a condiment, I sliced some cucumbers. You can also add boiled egg, and sliced nori.
This one looks pretty nice for an instant noodle. Also the taste is exquisite!
Chapaghetti is one of the most famous Korean instant noodles which also goes way back to the 80's or something. The noodle is after Chinese black bean noodle called Chajangmein also called Jjajangmyun in Korea. Jjajangmyun is so popularized just like pizzas in the United States where tens of thousands of deliveries are made daily.
1. Inside the package, there is the dried noodle, packet of vegetable flakes, black bean powder, and olive oil.
2. First, add the noodle to boiling water.
3. Once the noodle is quite soft (after 2-3 minutes), drain out most of the water so that you only have a little bit of water enough to mix the powder around. Turn the heat down to medium.
4. Add the powder, flakes and the olive oil packet.
5. Mix around for another minute and you're done.
Add Takwan to your dish and enjoy!