Tuesday, October 21, 2008
This is another bibimbap variation dish with spicy salted squids. You can pick up a jar of salted seafood from a Korean market and this spicy squid kind is so popular that every Korean market should have one. The recipe is pretty simple. I did not use any sauce or dressing although I assume you could if you do not use as much salted squid.
1. First prepare the ingredients below. Mostly, they're vegetables. You also need some flying fish roe and the salted spicy squid.
This is what the salted spicy squid jar looks like. There are other brands of this that look different.
2. Prepare a bowl of steamed rice.
3. Put vegetables on top of your rice.
Including sliced carrots, alfalfa sprouts, and cucumbers...
4. And of course put some of the salted spicy squids.
5. For the garnish, use chopped green onions, toasted sesame seeds, and thinly sliced dried nori sheets.
This is when you mix it altogether! Enjoy.
Posted by Peter Park at 9:10 PM